Monday, July 15, 2013

Nobuo Uematsu and Kenji Ito join Oceanhorn!


It is hard to believe this is true. Someone pinch me! The best video game composer in the world, John Williams of video games, Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu and amazing Kenji Ito, Mana and Saga series composer are composing music for Oceanhorn.

They are legendary!


Like for so many other game designers out there, music is ultimate source of inspiration for me and there is no bigger inspiration than Nobuo Uematsu. His music is so much more than audio background for Final Fantasy games, it is a window to a place where stories and adventures reside.

Kenji Ito, like Uematsu, is a master of melodies. His emotional tunes are one of the best in video games and his boss themes are famous among JRPG fans. His music for Gameboy game Seiken Densetsu (first Mana game) is closest to my heart.

What this means for Oceanhorn. The power behind Uematsu’s and Ito’s compositions is incredible. Their songs will open us new ways to reach players' hearts. It is mind blowing that a small developer team like us gets a chance to work with such legends. Together with the best video game composers in the world, we will make Oceanhorn a journey you won't forget.

Their contribution will make us work harder
. We thank our pals at FDG for making a dream come true!

Sailing with living legends


PS. Here is a link to Uematsus bands Earthbound Papas new album:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/earthbound-papas/id430804676

13 comments:

  1. Noticias al fin... Que bueno saber que el juego sigue creciendo y mejor aun con grandes y legendarias personalidades... Sigan trabajando duro porque el resultado sera grande... muy grande... espero que dentro de poco den fecha de lanzamiento o por lo menos un nuevo video.... saludos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry mynorxxx, I was removing spam from control panel and mistook your spanish message for advertisements. Thank you for following us! I hope we can make Oceanhorn available in your native language as well!

      Delete
  2. Wow , This is an incredible surprise ! Can't wait to play Oceanhorn !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about polish language support?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god, now I'm even more excited. Nobuo Uematsu's music is so inspiring. I hope the game will be as good as the soundtrack ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Until I've actually seen the game with their music I'm gonna keep on believing that this is some late april-fools-joke! xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will the game work on the iPod 4g, and IPhone 4 or is this game only supported by the 5th generation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is a really good question... i have an ipad 2 and itouch 4th generation... will this devices be compatibles? hope so.. cause at least i can not upgrade economically... therefore I will continue looking forward to buy this game... greetings

      Delete
  7. I really can't wait for this game!!! Do you have anything new regarding a release date?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope I could play before I die. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Koji Kondo is the John Williams of the gaming industry... Never heard of those two!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey so I know this has been asked before, probably alot, but I just wanted to say I'd love to see this game come to Android!! If not Android, maybe the PC or something? It looks like a spectacular game, I hope as many people as possible can play it

    ReplyDelete